I really enjoyed Lenn Pryor's great session at osxcon. After talking to Robert Scoble, and then seeing Lenn's presentation, I have been thinking a lot of the potential of the medium. I really think there is something here for education!
In my opinion Podcasting is a great tool:
- for distance learning
- to facilitate self-paced learning
- for re-mediation of slower learners
- to allow faculty to offer advanced and or highly motivated learners extra content
- for helping students with reading and/or other disabilities
- for multi-lingual education
- to provide the ability for educators to feature guest speakers from remote locations
- to allow guest speakers the ability to present once to many sections and classes
- to allow educators to escape the tedium of lecturing
- to offer a richer learning environment
I have registered "edupodder.com" and have the space available for use. I want to do some research on the subject and would like to start my own feed.