Tuesday, June 13, 2006

On Scoble Leaving Microsoft

The Scobles
I was pleased to hear about Robert and Maryam Scoble's decisions to leave Microsoft and go with with Podtech. I hope they are very happy and I would like to see them move closer to our area. There are several reasons why I think this is the good decision for them in terms of their careers and also their families. It will put them closer to Patrick and other family members. It seems like this is the culmination of a period of catharcism in their lives that has been going on for awhile.

A number of evil people have trolled Robert for awhile on his blog, due perhaps to his success as well as his association with Microsoft. Robert is the real deal and never deserved that. Robert, being the true believer in "the conversation" I feel that he is, was given more grief than he should have had to put up with. He stopped blogging for awhile a couple of times. This time of tribulation peaked with the period of introspection the Scobles went through after the death of Robert's mom. If you believe in a higher power then you likely also believe there is a reason for times like this. It seems to me in my life, and the lives of friends, times of trial, tribulation, introspection and even loss often come before events of life change.

For those whom do not know the Scobles I can attest: They are some of the nicest and most genuine people I know. Some folks seem to find success who do not deserve it. But, the Scobles deserve every bit of success they have. They are good people.

Technorati Tags: , , ,

No comments: