According to the Silicon Valley / San Jose Business Journal SJSU is going to cut, "approximately 76 staff members and reassign 48 more in accordance with labor agreements effective July 1." Some employees are being brought in at 1:00 p.m. today to be given the news. The Silicon Valley / San Jose Business Journal said:
Facing a projected 2010-2011 shortfall of at least $18 million, San Jose State University said Thursday it will implement layoffs, eliminate vacant positions and reduce spending on part-time temporary faculty members. [Read More]
It is my personal hope that the situation will improve when the Leg Analyst office announces it's May revise in mid-May.
- CSUEU Know Your Rights flyer on layoffs [PDF]
- Unit 9 News Post: An online newsletter for and about members of Bargaining Unit 9, represented by the California State University Employees Union (CSUEU).
- SJSU President: Layoffs "Part of Our Planning"
- San José State University Budget Update 4/15/2010 (San José State University News)
- San José State Announces Non-Faculty Layoffs (San José State University news release)
- Contract Article 24: Layoff
- Full CSU-CSUEU Contract
- CSUEU Chapter 307: San José