Monday, June 27, 2005

I have been told I can't talk to students [scroll down, sorry]

I have been told (by my boss) that I can't talk to students on my podcasts.

I am aghast.

I remember the great conversations I had with Robert Scoble when he was a student. We talked about technology
and education and those conversations changed my life, my job and the role of computing in the School of
Journalism and Mass Communications at SJSU.

If in those early days we could have had a global conversation about how the world of education
is changing, I can't imagine not being able to include him just because he was a student.
We have great students today that have important things to say who may be the next Scobles,
and I have been told (by my boss) that I can't talk to students on my podcasts, even if I do it
on my own time using my own equipment and my own ISP.

I was thinking it might be good to get some students together to do a podcast about that.
Oh yes, and we might want to talk about the First Amendment.

~Steve

No comments: