The Future of newspapers to be discussed at Commonwealth Club
There is a public forum at the Commonwealth Club tomorrow evening. It will feature:
- Jim Bettinger, Director, Knight Fellowships Program, Stanford University – Moderator
- Peter P. Appert, Publishing/Information Services Analyst, Goldman, Sachs
- Jerry Ceppos, Former Vice President, Knight Ridder
- Dan Gillmor, Director, Center For Citizen Media
- Joan Walsh, Editor-In-Chief, Salon
Will competition from the Internet, broadcast and information repositories doom the journalism that newspapers have provided to broad groups of readers? Is traditional journalism essential, or on the way to obsolescence?