Important terms for this conversation:
- Disintermediation: "Cutting out the middleman."
- The Long Tail: "Products that are in low demand or have low sales volume can collectively make up a market share that rivals or exceeds the relatively few current bestsellers and blockbusters."
- Amazon and the death of the corner bookstore
- iTunes and the death of the music store business
- Craigs List and the death of classified revenue.
Related Commercial Moment
"We have every movie ever made, in every language, any time, night or day," "Qwest - Bandwidth - Roy's Motel Cafe (1999)".
Places to Go, People to Know:
- The Long Tail Dot Com
- About The Long Tail
- The Long Tail Wired Story
- The Long Tail Book
- Chris Anderson: Wikipedia, Biography