I have left Radio Userland and moved my last blog to Blogger. I did this for a number of reasons:
- Radio has too much complexity for what I do with a blog.
- Why buy the cow when the milk is so cheap? Blogger is free, Radio Userland is $80 a year. It is kind of the same reason I quit paying Netscape $35 for a browser when IE was free!
- I would rather blog than have to figure out how to run a Blogging Suite.
- Now when I figure out how to do something in Blogger I don't have to waste energy trying to figure out how to accomplish the same task in Radio Userland.
- This was my personal blog, so I don't care about loosing Google Juice.
- Now when somebody looks at my profile in one of my Blogger blogs, they see all my blogs.
- My Radio Userland quit working after my last computer broke. I was able to move my Radio Userland to another computer, but that only worked for a couple of postings. Blogger is web-based so that is simply not an issue.
- Now Google worries about backing up my blog, I don't!