Monday, January 31, 2005

Tablet PC post by Scoble is right on

Robert Scoble, in his blog, has a post about tablet computing and the company he works for, Microsoft. He says they are not marketing the technology well enough. I think Bob has hit the nail on the head. I think this technology has so much potential. In my opinion: tablet computing needs a “1984” campaign, or a “think different” campaign, to educate folks about, and evangelize the merits of, this technology. I have been sitting down one-on-one with educators and showing then what the technology offers. But, that is a slow way to spread the word. I think we need a company, like Apple, to come out with an exciting tool and tell folks about it in a way that gets their attention. If not Apple, can HP or Toshiba take up this challenge? I would like to see that happen.

No comments: