Tuesday, August 09, 2005

A new South Bay Blogger Meetup Group?

The South Bay Blogger Meetup Group is looking for a new leader. The old one resigned.

About a month or so ago I attended a South Bay Blogger Meet-up meeting. I enjoyed meeting the folks there! They were very nice people. It seemed at the time that it was a pretty established group of friends. I got the impression that with meet-up now charging almost $20 a month, that the group was planning to leave meet-up and start a Yahoo (I did say Google and that was wrong) group. Comments I heard were to the effect of, "we are all friends and we don't need meet-up anymore to get together."

I am interested in reforming the meet-up group as a new South Bay Blogger Meet-up group closer to the University. This would be a new group (I hope the old members participate!)

With the new group perhaps we could leverage our closely located city library to move it there. I am not trying to impinge on the folks that started the South Bay Blogger Meetup Group, but I don't want it to go away either. Okay folks, here's your chance to comment. What do you think of this idea?

No comments: