Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Family History Trip

Dolores and Payette River

A trip to Tamarack with my Cousin Dolores
Today I went with my cousin Dolores to Tamarack Lodge for lunch. It was a long drive up along the lovely Payette River and we talked a lot both ways. I learned a lot about her family and our family including: my parents, my grandparents, my uncles and aunts and other Sloan family. It was a great trip. Dolores's father, my uncle Sid, was 20 years older than my dad. So, she knew my grandparents who had died before I was born. She told me great stories about my family and I soaked it all in. I would have loved to have recorded it. It was a great day and I enjoyed every minute of it. After we came back to Dolores's house Deb came over and we visited more. We looked at old family pictures. It was wonderful.

No comments: